Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Dream Classroom

My Dream classroom would be in a setting related to my major, Health and Physical Education. I want to teach Health and Physical Education to grades k-3. My ideal classroom would be in both a gymnasium as well as in a regular classroom. I want to teach children all about Heath and all the different componets to health. Also I want to teach my students physical education to show them how to carry out a healthy lifestyle. My ideal class size would be around 25 students.
When teaching health in the classroom i want to be able to have several differnt tools and resources available for my students to use throughout their learning. I want to have computers avaliable in the room so in doing assignments and projects students will be able to access these computers for additional information. Also i want to have lenty of books in the classrooms that students can also use when they are leaning. I want my classroom to be surrounded my healthy things. I feel that having a healthy environment will help them to learn better!
When teaching physical education in the gymnasium i want to be able to have lots of equipment easily available to teach my children. I want to be able to show them differnt activities they can do to get healthy as well as staying healthy. Having things like mats, balls, differnt machines like bikes and treadmills, will really help to show them some things they can do at home or when they have the right equipment. Keeping kids active will be a very big goal of mine and I want my kids to understand how important it is for them to be active.
I want to have my own website that my students would beable to access for additional information. Incorportating technology like WebQuest, YouTube, as well as the world wide web would all be very important for my teaching. I want to use as much technology as I can when teaching my students health and physical education.

No comments: